Thursday, August 9, 2007

Time to fly....

Howdy,
This is my first of many blogs on here. My name is Zach RIvers, this is my second WMRT, my first was last year in Bursa, Turkey. I am hoping for a much better performance than last year were I finished 43rd. As for now my training is going much better than last year at this time. I am running much faster up Bristol Mountain were I enjoy to train. Bristol is a small ski mountain, more hill than mountain, but it is 1,200 ft high over 1.5 miles. So too mimic the world course I run up the blue square trail and then go straight down the black diamond trail. Then I rinse and repet. As for other runs latly i have been doing my normal xc training were i am hitting about 65 miles this week with a few hard runs/ workouts in there. I like doing one workout on the track and another on grass. This week I did 400, 200, 400, 200, 400, 200, 400, 200, 400, 200, with a easy 200 inbetween each set. for the 200's I was hitting around 32, and for the 400's around 67, nothing really fast but pretty good for my first time on a track in over a month and a half. I also like doing fast 10 milers, were I start off at 6:20 pace and pick it up too about 5:30 pace to finish in around 57-58 min. I am really trying to make the best out of this trip and race. As for races coming up I am going to be doing The Great Race, a 10K on the roads. Christian and Jeff Beck will be in the race, so I am really hoping it will be fast, trying to imrove on my pr of 33:15, which I believe I can do right now.
I absolutly love the gear we got this and would like to thank all of our sponsors for all of the greats clothing and extra stuff.

Okay I am out for now, later,
zach rivers

No comments: