Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sierre-Zinal.



I participated last Sunday in the Thyon-Dixence race in the Valais area of Switzerland. I came in 2nd amongst the Juniors. It was a nice run. The race started at 6562 feet and ended at 7546 feet, and the highest point of the race was at 8038 feet. Then I stayed at 9500 feet in a mountain refuge for three days, and trained a bit. I woke up this morning and it was snowing!!! 20 inches of snow at 9500 feet. I came back home quickly, but it was quite dangerous to go down.

On Sunday , i will run the Junior part of the Sierre-Zinal race (Chandolin-Zinal 12 miles). I really hope to do well in this race, if I finish in the top 3 I would be very happy. Some Swiss juniors who are competing in Ovronnaz will be there, so it will be a quick race, il have to run smart and not start fast. And I also hope that the weather will be a bit better. Then after this race , I will go in Ovronnaz to train a bit more before the race. I will post pictures of the course and departure and show you the steepest part of the race on grass and then the crazy descent to the stadium on the blog




Ps: Rickey gates will run Sierre-Zinal 31 k on Sunday, hope that he will do well.

Hope that everyone is training well, good luck.

Keep you posted.

alex.j

No comments: