Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Saillon or Bust!!!

This is Jonny Stevens and this is my first post on this blog. I haven't been online as much because I'm done with my summer job (finally!) and I'm trying to stay outdoors as much as I can before I go back to school. I'm super excited to go to Switzerland next month and run in the World Trophy Race! I've been training on the mountain and trails up here in Vail,CO almost every day and I feel like I'm in as good of shape as I ever have been. I typically get two or three really steep runs in a week and try and mix it up between runs on the road or bike paths and runs on less hilly trails. I've also been in the pool and on the bike more this summer; trying to avoid an injury like last year's (stress fracture in my right foot).

My x-c team is off to our annual running camp tomorrow until Sunday night and we're all stoked because we're right on Grand Lake in Granby, CO. The camp is pretty fun, we run every day at at least 10,000 feet elevation on a bunch of really cool trails and service roads. On Saturday we all hike the 14ers Greys and Torres Peak which is awesome if the weather is good because at the top you can see a couple different ski resorts.

Can't wait for the cross season to start and then in just a couple weeks we're off to Europe! The course video looks pretty cool and the city looks awesome. I'm excited for this race, I feel like I'm better at the "up and down" courses and this one looks like it will be a fun downhill.

Really looking forward to the whole experience!
Jonny

No comments: