Sunday, August 12, 2007

One Snake. Two Snakes.


Hello Everyone! Today I ran about 11 miles in the foothills of Albuquerque. I ran around the southeast end of the mountains. I have noticed that when I run here I usually see a snake. I don't know why I usually see one here and not any where else in the foothills. Today however, I saw two snakes. That was a first for me. The first one was a rattle snake which a couple had chased off the path. They were excited about their accomplishment so I stopped and looked at the snake for a couple of seconds before thanking them and going on my way. When I was almost done with my run I saw another snake. This one was dark, skinny and not really that long but I still had to jump over it as it scurried into the bushes. Other than that the run was long but went well. I also wanted to share some of my favorite places to run with everyone. Here are some pictures .
Enjoy!
Rachael

No comments: